Constitution of ELASA ’91
This version of the Constitution had been voted by the Representatives Meeting at the ELASA ’91 Conference in Hungary.
We, students of Landscape Architecture from Europe have decided, after one previous meeting (Portugal March 1990) and occurring meeting (Hungary April 1991) to form an Association of European Landscape Architecture students.
Name: European Landscape Architecture Students Association ELASA
Increasing the possibilities for collaboration and Exchange of students of Landscape Architecture throughout Europe, by means of improving the circulation of information and ideas.
Agrandir les possibilités de collaboration et d’échanges entre les étudiants en architecture du paysage à travers l’Europe et pour améliorer la circulation de l’information et des idées.
Ausbau der Möglichkeiten der Zusammenarbeit und des Studentenaustausches zwischen Studenten der Landschaftsarchitektur in ganz Europa durch eine Verbesserung des Informations- und Ideenaustausches.
- To obtain and hold contacts with existing landscape architecture courses
- To obtain and hold contacts with linked organizations
- To obtain and hold contacts with professional Landscape Architecture Organization
- To create an information center
- Art. 3
- Contact address of ELASA is the information center.
- Art. 4
- ELASA’s official language is English.
- Art. 5
- The duration of ELASA is unlimited.
- Art. 6
- The members of the federation are essentially Landscape Architecture students Associations from Europe.
- Art. 7
- Each nation can be represented by only one such association.
- Art. 8
- The members of the European Landscape Architecture Students Association (ELASA)
- The national association of Landscape Architecture
- The individual colleges, admitted in case no national associations in their country of practice. These members automatically lose their rigth to individual membership as soon as a national association is founded in their country.
- Individual members admitted in case no representative from their colleges exits in their country of practice. These members automatically lose their right to individual membership as soon as a college or national association is founded in their country.
- Art. 9
- Admission of the members: The admission of the members is the exclusive privilege of the representatives’ meetings.
- Art. 10
- Resignation: The members lose their membership by resignation.
- Art. 11
- ELASA consist of:
- Representatives meetings
- Information center
- contact person
- Art. 12
- ELASA representatives for other organizations or events are elected by representatives meetings.
- Art. 13
- Budget will be discussed every year. Information centre will be provided by the members. Members who pay the required fee receive yearly information from the information centre. The representatives’ meeting will decide the further payment of eventual contributions.
- Art. 14
- Any further points will be discussed in future representative meetings.