Trans-European Mobility Scheme for University Studies (TEMPUS)
TEMPUS forms a part of the overall programme of the European Community aid for the countries of Central and Eastern Europe. As such it complements other existing European Community programmes.
The programme has been adopted by the Council of Ministers of the European Community in May 1990. The main goals of the programme are:
- to promote the quality and support the developement of the higher educational systems in the countries of Central/Eastern Europe designed as eligible for economic aid
- to encourage their growing interaction with partners in the EC, through joint activities and relevant mobility.
Tempus comprises three actions:
- Action 1: Joint European Project
- Action 2: Individual Mobility Grants for Teachers and Staff
- Action 3: Complementary Activities
TEMPUS is related to the ERASMUS programme.
ELASA as an organization has not had contact or profit from TEMPUS, but a lot of students being also in ELASA profit from the TEMPUS in their schools.