International Association of Agricultural Students (IAAS)
IAAS was founded in 1957 as an independant student organization. The main objective of the Association is to promote the mutual interest of Agricultural Students. In broad terms the Association pursues its objectives by:
- encouraging an interchange of ideas in all fields of agricultural education and practice
- encouraging the formation and development of national agricultural students organizations
- preparing agricultural students to solve the enormous agricultural problems we face
- organising international meetings, seminars and training periods abroad for agricultural students.
The Association comprises several activities, such as:
- Congress, held every year
- Regional Directors Meetings
- Leader’s Trainings Courses
- Exchange Programme
- Seminars, Workshops
- Permanent working groups
- Travel and Meetings
Full Members are associations of agricultural students or organizations of students to which an agricultural student association exists. Associate Members are other international associations of students and professionals in agriculture and related study areas. Each country has however only one vote and one delegation at the General Assembly.
ELASA has not had any contacts to IAAS on the international base. The national LA-student associations might however get in contact with national IAAS bodies.